Youth-Tube Art on the Plum Tree.
Marta-Pelrine Bacon, Head of Art for Plum Tree Books sends out the call for children’s art. Guidelines published below.
Marta is an artist and writer who drinks too much coffee and chases her kiddo on speed skates. Her art has been in several shows, festivals, and online journals. She believes everyone is creative–as Picaso said, “All children are born artists.” Marta joined Plum Tree to help children remain artists as they grow up.
The theme of our project is ‘Self’.
- Only artwork submitted by children 12 and under will be accepted.
- The artist retains rights to the artwork, but Plum Tree has permission to post the picture to its site and to promotions on facebook, twitter, and other social networks (with full credit to the artist).
- Submissions should be in jpeg form.
- Submissions should include the artist’s name and age and location, but only information the artist (and parents) agree upon will be posted with the picture. We will ask permission to use first name, age, and location, but we will always respect the privacy concerns of the artist’s family.
- Artists are always encouraged to include a story or short bio with the art, which we can include with the art on the site.
- We would also love some quotes from children about how they view themselves-for example: what is their favorite thing about themselves?
- Artist are free to express themselves and interpret the posted themes in whatever way they wish; however, Plum Tree reserves the right not to post any art that denigrates or may cause pain to others. Plum Tree strives to be a positive, encouraging environment.
Please send in submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions to be in by May 15th
Thank You in advance for your participation. We hope your children will love this project.